[c-nsp] Queue drops, real performance monitoring and other..

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed May 27 09:01:34 EDT 2009

                Howdy,

I am a little confused about queue drops and how to know when they're a problem vs. when they are not a problem. (that sounds silly).

Everything I have read indicates that some number of IQD/OQD is normal in the 'show interface summary' command, but how do you know if it is a performance problem or not?

Does anyone know of any good tools/software (commercial/free) that monitor performance metrics inside Cisco switches to ensure they are operating correctly?

We'd really like a way to track the performance our users are getting and if there is any quality degradation in services such as Voice, etc.

Thanks,
-Drew