[c-nsp] Queue drops, real performance monitoring and other..

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Wed May 27 11:44:59 EDT 2009

Drew, I think it depends upon a number of factors to determine if its
normal or not:
- Which queue (EF?) are the input/output drops occurring in?
- What type of data are you carrying?   Bursty Internet, Voice, Video, ...
- Is the interface core facing or customer facing (with policing/shaping)?
- What type of device are you using (small switch, IOS router, Cisco
7600, ...) ?

I would not expect to see drops on Cisco 7600 interfaces carrying Voice
traffic in an EF queue.