[c-nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:41:18 EST 2009

Juniper supports sFlow which can run at higher speeds (full line rate
described in their docs) which is what we use.

As far as the Cisco vs Juniper argument, we make use of both vendors on out
network. For CPE, it's almost hard to beat Cisco with feature set and price.
also, as Steiner mentioned, Junos has a little learning curve for someone
thats never used it before and is branded in the Cisco cool-aid. We also use
Cisco 7600/6500 in our core. For edge/internet peering, we use Juniper M
series. IMHO, up until a few years ago, before the ASR line came out, Cisco
didn't have a router in that price range that could forward in hardware, so
the M series for that role was a no brainer.

Clue