[c-nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Nov 2 13:09:22 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 11:41:18AM -0600, Clue Store wrote:
> Juniper supports sFlow which can run at higher speeds (full line rate
> described in their docs) which is what we use.

Only the EX-series supports sFlow, not the real Juniper boxes. And no
you can't run anything close to 1:1 sampling on it, the limitations are
roughly the same as with NetFlow since you're still talking about
hardware sampling but software processing (and traversing the internal
communications link to the RE with the sampled packets).