[c-nsp] Experiences with l2tpv3/xconnect?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Nov 5 01:22:01 EST 2009

G'day,

I've been asked by a customer to solve an L2 ethernet problem
and I'm investigating simply tunneling the required VLANs over
L2TPv3/xconnect.

Does anyone have any rough throughput (PPS in particular) info
they'd like to share ? And any other deployment info - actually,
in particular I'd like to know about fragmentation related issues.

I'm looking at the Cisco 28xx series (potentially the Cisco 2811)
but I'm concerned about hitting throughput ceilings.

Thanks,

Adrian