[c-nsp] Cisco 15454 question

troy at i2bnetworks.com troy at i2bnetworks.com
Fri Nov 6 01:41:29 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am hoping to gain some insight from some of the people who have done
this type of thing before. I am setting up a 24 strand fiber connection
between two facilities. I will be doing GigE on 4 strands and placing the
Cisco 15454 with OC48 cards on 4 strands of fibers.

What I need to do is be able to cross connects circuits at the DS1, DS3
and OCn level between the two facilities. Below are the cards that I have
spec'd for this. Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything? Assume that
there are protect cards for each and I know I do not have any OC3/OC12
cards for the OCn cross connects(We would add these later). I also know
that I need the correct backplane cards for DS1 and DS3 handoff.

15454-OC48IR1310 1310nm OC48 cards

15454-DS3XM-6 6 port DS3 transmux cards

15454-DS1N-14 14 port DS1 cards

15454-TCC+ Timing and control cards

15454-XC-TV Cross connect cards

15454-FTA3

Any input on what I am missing or if there are better cards to use would
be great.

Thanks,

-Troy