[c-nsp] DHCP_PD / IPv6

Ben Steele illcritikz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:13:12 EST 2009

The "fix" is to clear ipv6 dhcp client Dialer123

I use event manager to do this automagically for me like so:

event manager applet monitor_ipv6_dhcp
event syslog pattern "DIALER-6-BIND"
action 1.0 cli command "clear ipv6 dhcp client Dialer1"

This reacts to an event in the log of "DIALER-6-BIND" which for me is my
Dialer re-establishing its PPP session, do a clear int d123 and check your
logs to verify this for you.

You can view the results of event manager by:

router#sh event manager history events
No. Time of Event Event Type Name
1 Sat Nov 7 11:12:56 2009 syslog applet: monitor_ipv6_dhcp

and of course a sh ipv6 dhcp interface d123 will show you your new lease
aswell.

Cheers,

Ben