[c-nsp] Router advice

Ed W ed.whitesell+lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:09:31 EST 2009

Greetings,

I've been out of the market on the latest Cisco routers for a while and I'm
looking for some info about a router to use in a small co-located
environment.

Basic requirements:
2 Copper FastE/GigE
50-75 Mbps throughput
HSRP
NetFlow
Basic ACLs/null routing for Bogons, etc.
No dynamic routing
No NAT/PAT

Preferably 1U
More than 2 FE interfaces, IPv6 support and room to grow into a BGP session
or two would be nice, but not required.
Traffic will be mostly HTTP/HTTPS, Mail (IMAP, POP, SMTP) and some VOIP
channels mixed in (G711 & G729)

My first thought after some research was a 2800 series, but NetFlow seems
like a possible red flag.

I'd be open to hearing about other vendors' options that meet the
requirements (offlist of course), but no "Build Your Own"/Quagga options.

Thanks,
Ed