[c-nsp] Coax E1 over IP

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Nov 19 08:53:45 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:46 +0000, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> On Thu Nov 19, 2009 at 01:35:29PM +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> > What can one do to take an E1 circuit from coax?
>
> Put it through an RJ45 to Coax balun? The difference between RJ45 and
> Coax is purely electrical, and baluns to convert are easily available
> and at low cost.

Ah but of course. This "balun" thingamabob was exactly what we needed to
know about. This goes to show that we really don't know anything about
these technologies. :-)

Thanks Simon and Sigurbjörn.

Then we just need to figure out how to configure this. Since I don't
know anything about it at all I don't know what to search for. Would
anybody have any pointers for this?

--
Peter