[c-nsp] QoS Cisco Serie 800 and 1800

Alejandro Selios aselios at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:51:01 EST 2009

Thanks Clue for your quick answer.

In the original mail I didn't mention it, but I applied the service-policy
to the PVC like you said. (Below attach the complete configuration for both
cases).

Another issue is that Cisco's 800 and 1800 series routers only have 2 level
of prioritization. Cisco's routers allow to configure a priority queue and
CBWFQ (class base weighted fair queue) but does not has the flexibly to
specify a scheduler policy or any other queuing policies.

I think that weighted fair queue will leave as dead end, I think the way to
follow is a strict priority queuing with a customizable scheduler policy.
I'm looking for a way to do that in Cisco's routers.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

Cisco 878/877
--------------------------------------
class-map match-all GOLD
 match access-group name GOLD_ACL