[c-nsp] Ethernet autonegotiation issue between Cat3560 and Cat2960

Juuso Lehtinen juuso.lehtinen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:16:47 EST 2009

I replaced the cable today with similar straight-thru cable. Links seem to
autonegotiate now to a-1000. Tried plugging and unplugging cable several
times, and every time autonegotiation went fine.

Still a bit confused about the root cause of this problem. I was able to fix
the autonegotiation on the old cable yesterday by executing 'media-type
rj45' on suspended port. After that, port seemed to perform autonegotion
again and suspended state was raised. Didn't see the problem resurface again
even after reverting back to  'media-type auto-select'.

-Juuso