[c-nsp] Anyone seeing excessive shipping delays on ASR1006 and Catalyst 4500 series equipment?

Jeremy Reid jeremy at mojohost.com
Mon Nov 23 10:39:00 EST 2009

Hey Group,

Has anyone recently been seeing unusual/extended delivery dates being provided on Cisco ASR1000 series or Catalyst 4500 gear? We've had some sizable orders in place since July and we keep getting the ship date extended out each time it approaches. Currently, shipping estimates are out yet another month, bringing this to a 4-5 month wait (should the latest estimate actually come in when promised).

I know the ASR line is relatively new, but the 45K is a 'commodity' product at this point, so we were not expecting these kind of lead times and now have several projects in jepoardy as a result.

The word we are getting from our VAR and Cisco directly is that they had spun down some manufacturing plants based on the economic downturn and its taking them some time to ramp things back up to satify a stronger than expected order cycle. While I guess this sounds plausible, I have no real way of knowing if its just a line or not.

My question for the group is, has anyone recently received any new ASR1000 or Catalyst 4500 series equipment, and if so, how long was your wait? Anyone have items on order and receiving word that it take longer than usual to ship?

Feedback is very appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

--