[c-nsp] New feature, can't find it documented - NTP using DNS

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Nov 23 21:38:02 EST 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 04:36:58 am Jared Mauch wrote:

> Cisco does not have a coherent config order that will be
>  output.

Like when we moved from SRC3 to SRC5 earlier this month, RANCID
reported minor but strange changes to the configuration order,
e.g., the 'police' command under a policy-map has been given one
extra <TAB> indent. This looks very weird if you also have a 'set
mpls experimental' command right above it because it now looks like
the 'police' command is a sub-command of the 'set mpls experimental'
command:

policy-map XXX-XXX-XXX-60Mbps
 description XXX XXX XXX
  class XXX-XXX-XXX
   set dscp 63
   set mpls experimental imposition 0
    police cir 60000000 bc 11250000 be 22500000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop violate-action drop

Previously, as in the case of moving from SXH3 to SXI2a also, IPv6
static routing and ACL commands keep moving up and down the
configuration.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been noticed and gets
fixed in SRC6 or later, and then we have RANCID crying all over
again.

Mark.