[c-nsp] Metro Ethernet Switches

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Nov 24 18:11:17 EST 2009

Bill Blackford wrote:
> I recall having some of my aaa config options slightly changing syntax after upgrading. Sounds like you've verified this, but it may be worth double-checking.

I highly recommend using a tool like RANCID to keep an eye on config
changes, especially during upgrades.  I didn't bother to check the
RANCID diff when I did an upgrade over the weekend and discovered a
problem yesterday (see NTP thread from yesterday).  Had I stayed up and
reviewed the email notice I would have found the problem much sooner.
At the very least get a copy of Kiwi CatTools and run it before and
after an upgrade.  It's a good sanity check.

Justin