[c-nsp] ASR1004 vs 7606(RSP720-CXL)

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Nov 27 17:52:01 EST 2009

On 2009-11-27 11:01, Mark Tinka wrote:

> However, for any new purchases, we're now looking at the
> Nexus 7000's and Juniper's EX8200's because they make more
> sense for 10Gbps Layer 2 aggregation, and will scale to
> 40Gbps and 100Gbps.
> Even with the SUP2T looming in the horizon, we'd be insane
> thinking we can grow with the 6500 in the future beyond
> 10Gbps.

With the new LCs yes, it will scale >10Gbit/s, as the new switch
fabric will offer more than 40Gbit/s per slot. Wait for it, don't
go insane right now :)

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net