[c-nsp] Will UDLD work with converters ?

Hansen, Ulrich Vestergaard B. (E R WP EN 343) uvh at siemens.com
Fri Oct 2 10:25:48 EDT 2009

I can personally recommend SmartOptics. A norwegian company selling transeivers with cisco blueprint at low cost.
http://www.smartoptics.com/

List price SFP, 1.25 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet, 1310nm, SM/MM, DDM, 20dB, 40km $533 compared to Cisco's $3995 for their ZX

In the end their cisco/smartoptics/finisar is probably made on the same factory, so it's only a matter of company policy.
You should though consider Cisco's third party policy before making your decision,
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/prod_warranty09186a00800b5594.html

// Ulrich