[c-nsp] cisco 7206 VXR router

Gary T. Giesen giesen at snickers.org
Tue Oct 13 13:12:38 EDT 2009

It's not only "C" routers. The J-series have 4x Gig interfaces, and
that box definitely can't route 4 Gig of traffic. Though the issue is
definitely more prevalent on the "C" side. The biggest commonality is
that they are software routers. Although even on hardware routers,
you'll run into things like backplane oversubscription...

GG