[c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Oct 19 15:48:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 21:40 +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 14:12 -0400, Church, Charles wrote:
> > Are you saying a 6513-E chassis exists?  I can't find any reference to
> > it.  That would solve a few of the problems we currently have (density
> > issue)
>
> We've been told about it at a local tech update about the Catalyst
> platform about a month ago, but I also can't find any material about it.

Actually I found the presentation from the update:

http://www.cisco.com/web/DK/assets/docs/presentations/4500-6500-tech-update-sept09.pdf

Some of it is in danish, but most is english. The 6513E is mentioned on
page 36, but only by name. We were told it was capable of 2 x 40 Gb/s in
all slots.

--
Peter