[c-nsp] XFP, SFP+, ???

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Tue Oct 20 12:13:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:56:02 -0500, Jeff Bacon wrote
> It feels like a crap-shoot on XFP / SFP+, with reach issues on the SFP+
> that could be an issue.
>
> >From the docs Peter kindly posted earlier, it appears Cisco is planning
> to "cope" with SFP+ with the CVR-X2-SFP10G OneX X2->SFP+ adapters.
> Doesn't help now b/c it's SR/copper only, but I'd be surprised if this
> didn't get fleshed out.

Well, the biggest problem with SFP+ is, no DWDM nor 80 km version exists today
and noone knows when (if at all) this will be available. As for the adapter, an
X2->XFP is also doable and would help many customers, but it's apparently not
planned...

   With kind regards,

        M.