[c-nsp] telnet session hangs on 6503-E

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Fri Oct 23 19:35:58 EDT 2009

Hi

Im having a weird problem with telnet to a C6503-E. When telneting from the
the router connected to its WAN, There is no problem at all.

However, when Im telneting from my jumphost telnet session hangs after
30seconds if im lucky. Usually it hangs before I get to enter the password

When debugging tcp, I get this error when the session hangs:

Oct 23 23:25:31: TCP2: bad seg from 192.168.105.117 -- outside window: port
23 seq 2084376338 ack 2015498788 rcvnxt 2084376350 rcvwnd 4092 len 12

I have tried service nagel, service tcp-keepalive-in/out, disabled tacacs,
tried to telnet to differnt IPs/VRFs on the switch, but still the exact same
thing.

I use this jumphouse for this customer, and they have a bunch of 2800 and
3800 that works perfect. But the three 6500s they have all behave like this.

Any tips?

Thanks
Roger