[c-nsp] FWSM traffic distribution across internal etherchannel

David White, Jr. (dwhitejr) dwhitejr at cisco.com
Tue Oct 27 22:31:58 EDT 2009

Hi Nick,

Changing the SUP's load-balancing algorithm (which is what is described
in the link provided) only affects the traffic that egresses the switch
and ingresses the FWSM.  It does not impact the packet distribution in
the reverse direction (egress the FWSM and ingress on the switch).

I didn't indicate that I would need to know the traffic profile to
determine the correct SUP load-balancing algorithm, but rather to
explain why ports 3 and 6 were mainly utilized for traffic egressing the
FWSM - which was Jack's original question.

Sincerely,

David.