[c-nsp] 802.1w vs EoMPLS failover time

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 22:32:20 EDT 2009

The part where you said what the RSTP convergence time was got lost
somewhere.  Just using a tunnel primary/secondary paths may not be
quicker than RSTP.  If you use FRR protection as well it may result in
less traffic loss than RSTP.   Some vendors have different behavior
when the failure is on the actual ingress node than a transit node, so
you may want to investigate that if you are using FRR.

Phil