[c-nsp] Good way of finding unauthorized network elements/

Marcelo Zilio ziliomarcelo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:55:00 EDT 2009

Hi Scott,

I think Wireless LAN Controllers are the best tool to do that.

A cheaper option is use Netstumbler. I don't have it right now but as long I
recall it finds manufacturer ID.

A third option (if your switches support it) is enable port security and
maximum mac address numbers on each switchport.

Hope this helps