[c-nsp] network rebuild questions

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Oct 31 20:18:52 EDT 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 2:43 AM, Jon Lewis wrote:

> Contrary to what Roland may think, the 6500 is a popular box for
> data centers / ISPs doing all ethernet.

Oh, I know it's popular - it's just frustrating, because the boxes
lack critical edge features.  They're definitely multiple-mpps beasts,
as you say, far better suited for core than edge due to the
combination of high speed and low edge functionality, IMHO.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625