[c-nsp] some WCCP questions

Dracul chris.garzon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:47:48 EDT 2009

Hi List,

I'm planning to setup WCCP + Squid.

If the squid server should be offline or the squid process dies, will the
users’ port 80 requests automatically redirect to the “live” internet
connection??
Because in old "forced" redirection configurations, if the squid process
dies or should the squid server be unreachable for some reason, user will
see a browser error.

>From what I understand with WCCP documentation,  if the squid dies or the
server is unreachable, the network should automatically redirect the users
to the gateway, without
any disruption of any kind to their browsing experience. Are my assumptions
correct? Thanks!

Chris