[c-nsp] Multiple power supply failures. Advise needed

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Tue Sep 1 16:13:04 EDT 2009

Sure, but what the proper grounding is? Does it mean that I have to run a
dedicated grounding wire to every piece of equipment?
The racks are properly grounded (according to provider) and every server is screwed to them.
The power is provided via NEMA L5-20P twisted lock connecter with proper grounding
(according to provider). There I currently have tripp lites followed by managed APC PDUs.
All equipment is plugged in into APC grounded outlet. Does it not qualify for "proper grounding"?

I also personally went there with a voltmeter and check for voltage between metal parts
per Seth Mattinen suggestion and I found 0 voltage. This may sound silly, but I'm taking any chances.
What else I can do?

Michael