[c-nsp] Multiple power supply failures. Advise needed

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Sep 1 15:19:50 EDT 2009

Michael Ulitskiy wrote:
> As for grounding lug I would gladly add it to 6500 chassis if that was the only problem.
> Running it to every piece of equipment which count about 50 pieces at the moment wouldn't be fun at all...
> Doh...

I hate to say it, but the devices shouldn't have gone into production if
the installation wasn't complete.  Proper grounding is part of a correct
installation.  I can't count the number of network engineers I've worked
with over the years that did absolutely no grounding whatsoever.  I can
name 1 engineer that will never turn up a device without proper
grounding; me.  Not to beat a dead horse but perhaps a newbie reading
the list might take this to heart...

Justin