[c-nsp] parser config cache interface - stable/safe?

Raymond, Steven Steven.Raymond at integratelecom.com
Wed Sep 2 12:49:17 EDT 2009

> Is anyone running this? Is it stable/safe? How well does it interact
> with other features e.g. if I "scp fragment admin at router:running-config"
> will it "know" that the interface cache in the fragment config is expired?

Running SRA/SRB/SRD, we have seen a few instances (>5) of the "real" running config being out of sync with the output of show run interface.  Problem was easily cleared by removing/reading the parser cache command.

Have not tested the scp results under those circumstances.

The benefit of the config cache is significant.  Loaded chassis without cache sometimes take maybe 30-60 seconds to begin outputting from a show run.