[c-nsp] Catalyst 4500/Sup5 - carrier-delay supported?

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Tue Sep 8 18:23:24 EDT 2009

I'm trying to figure out of the Catalyst 4500s running Sup5 with IOS
12.2SG support the carrier-delay command. The interface capabilities
show that the old Catalyst link debounce feature isn't supported on
WS-X4306 GigE interfaces , however the switch allows you to configure
carrier-delay.  For example:

conf t
interface g5/5
carrier-delay msec 100
end

According to the 12.2(46)SG configuration guide, you can only configure
link debounce on 10GE interfaces.   I can't find any references to
support for carrier-delay.

*http://tinyurl.com/m7wvfs*

switch# show int g4/4 cap
GigabitEthernet4/4
  Model:                 WS-X4306-GB-Gbic
  Type:                  1000BaseLH
  Speed:                 1000
  Duplex:                full
  Auto-MDIX:             no
  Trunk encap. type:     802.1Q,ISL
  Trunk mode:            on,off,desirable,nonegotiate
  Channel:               yes
  Broadcast suppression: percentage(0-100), hw
  Flowcontrol:           rx-(off,on,desired),tx-(off,on,desired)
  VLAN Membership:       static, dynamic
  Fast Start:            yes
  Queuing:               rx-(N/A), tx-(1p3q1t, Sharing/Shaping)
  CoS rewrite:           yes
  ToS rewrite:           yes
  Inline power:          no
  SPAN:                  source/destination
  UDLD:                  yes
  Link Debounce:         no
  Link Debounce Time:    no
  Port Security:         yes
  Dot1x:                 yes
  Maximum MTU:           9198 bytes (Jumbo Frames)
  Multiple Media Types:  no
  Diagnostic Monitoring: no