[c-nsp] instabilities with SXI2?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 14 18:27:25 EDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> We're actually quite happy with SXI2 (since the initial thread
>> starter
>> turned out to go away with proper grounding).  The crash bugs can be
>> worked around by turning off these diagnostic checks.
>
> and hope you dont hit another bug. waiting with intense interest
> for SXI3 which should stop the instant crash when using ISIS with
> IPv6 :-(

I have not seen an issue with ISIS + IPv6,is this with MT enabled?

I have a long laundry list of bugs in SXI2, including one that I've
not quite yet isolated when you have several levels of recursion on
routes causing it to take quite some time to finally settle down after
a network event.  We don't see the same problem in pre-cef/mfi code
(ie: SXF) but do see poor convergence properties in SXH/SXI.

	- Jared