[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Thu Sep 17 08:36:33 EDT 2009

Nick Hilliard wrote on 17/09/2009 15:20:

> For the record, it took just over 5 minutes and about 30 mouse clicks to
> find the software image I was looking for, starting off from the home
> page.  Once it started downloading, the rate meter was mostly pegged on
> 189kB/sec, but would imperceptibly flick between 189 to 383 and then
> back to 189 again.  Was the person who coded this poached from
> Microsoft? http://xkcd.com/612/

I had exactly the same experience too. To be honest i was hoping Cisco would have atleast coded an applet capable of
maxing download speed or splitting the file in multiple parts and downloading all of them concurrently.
After all, Cisco is the one that talks about the zettabyte era all the time.

--
Tassos