[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Sep 17 12:53:11 EDT 2009

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz at forthnet.gr> writes:

> I had exactly the same experience too. To be honest i was hoping Cisco
> would have atleast coded an applet capable of maxing download speed or
> splitting the file in multiple parts and downloading all of them
> concurrently.

If that improves speed, either your network or your network stack is
broken, or you're simply grabbing extra bandwidth to the detriment of
others on the same network. In the last case the network administrators
ought to use a more fair queueing algorithm.

Either way, it would seem silly for Cisco to support such a thing.

/Benny