[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Stig Johansen Stig.Johansen at atea.no
Thu Sep 17 16:56:14 EDT 2009

Rodney Dunn wrote:
>Please check the email thread a week or so back where I gave the direct contacts for feedback.
>They are open and want to hear helpful constructive feedback.
>Rodney

I'm really not in the mood for banging my head against the wall, so I'm asking for help from all on this list. This is a part of the reply Mr. Bauer gave me when I expressed my concerns with the inability to get a direct download-URL (to use with wget etc. from within the customer network through a SSH-session, which *was* a relatively common method I do believe):

Oscar Bauer wrote:
>Unfortunately we cannot enabled Wget, cURL, Fetching URLs,
>crawling or scripting as these may have been possible to use
>in the past but were never supported when download software
>from Cisco.com. However there are several remote access clients
>or capabilities built into each operating system that support
>remote desktop access. Here are the steps to configure XP on
>a windows box for remote access.
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/using/mobility/getstarted/Remoteintro.mspx
>that would allow you to run a browser at that location to download
>the files. If this is not a windows box there are a lot of
>freeware options to choose from:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

/Stig