[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Sep 18 06:36:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:56:14PM +0200, Stig Johansen wrote:
> Oscar Bauer wrote:
> >Unfortunately we cannot enabled Wget, cURL, Fetching URLs,
> >crawling or scripting as these may have been possible to use
> >in the past but were never supported when download software
> >from Cisco.com. However there are several remote access clients
> >or capabilities built into each operating system that support
> >remote desktop access. Here are the steps to configure XP on

This is very obvious a person that never had to do remote network maintenance
before.  As in "I'm sitting in a a hotel, the link is congested and the
latency is high, but I *need* to get this update to that router box".

I'm all willing to work with Cisco if they listen, but *this* attitude
is not considered "listening" - it's "preaching their own belief how the
world should be".

*sigh*

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/