[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Fri Sep 18 21:22:54 EDT 2009

Yep, that was like my brute force solution to the one upstream of mine
that does not support RADB based filters, I have cron sending updates to
their support@ email address automatically on my behalf...   I even got
a call back from a senior person there after that went on for about a
month as I was apparently causing nearly daily updates (we have about 70
ASNs downstream)...   Good times.

I could not agree with Justin more that the best way to fix such issues
is to cause the annoying "feature" to be painful for people within the
organization responsible for the annoying feature.

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
Direct: 206.973.8302
Main: 206.973.8300