[c-nsp] Gut check needed - QoS

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Sat Sep 19 08:31:20 EDT 2009

Hi Graham...

That should work just fine...  One minor thing to note by matching UDP port
ranges.. any traffic (not just RTP) that hits those ranges will get priority
.. typically not a big thing but worth mentioning.  In my earlier posting, I
was actually matching by the IP blocks where the softswitch platform
(Metaswitch) is deployed vs port ranges.

Priority will only use bandwidth as it requires it so yes, the default class
will have access to all the bandwidth until something "prioritized" needs
it....

Hope this helps...

Paul