[c-nsp] Gut check needed - QoS

Graham Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Sat Sep 19 12:27:57 EDT 2009

Hey there Paul,

I have considered that, but I do have some clients that are not on my voice
platform (yet) and I need to match by ports. With RTP being mostly in that
range, I needed to cover all my boxes as I have some that NBAR doesn't seem
to work. So you can see my dilemma with that as I wanted to standardize on
one setup oppose to have several different tweaks out there ...

I will have to keep a close eye out on the policy-map stats and maybe
ultimately saying "screw it" and match to the voice switch VLAN.

Thanks again for the reply and re-assurance.

-graham

On 9/19/09 7:31 AM, "Paul Stewart" <paul at paulstewart.org> wrote:

> Hi Graham...

That should work just fine...  One minor thing to note by
> matching UDP port
ranges.. any traffic (not just RTP) that hits those ranges
> will get priority
.. typically not a big thing but worth mentioning.  In my
> earlier posting, I
was actually matching by the IP blocks where the softswitch
> platform
(Metaswitch) is deployed vs port ranges.

Priority will only use
> bandwidth as it requires it so yes, the default class
will have access to all
> the bandwidth until something "prioritized" needs
it....

Hope this
> helps...

Paul