[c-nsp] IOS for 7206VXR, SRD2a or SRC4?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 21 09:58:50 EDT 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 08:32:14 pm Derick Winkworth
wrote:

> 12.4(15)T10
>
> Its the third or fourth bug-fix only release in the
> 12.4(15)T line of code...
>
> You have a lot of features you want to enable... I would
> try this one first..

Before we started out with SRC, we evaluated a single code
base that we could run on both our NPE-G1's and below, as
well as the NPE-G2's and 7201's.

Needless to say, as do most folk, we tried to stay away from
the T train, despite the fact that aside from SRC, 12.4T and
12.4XD were the only other trains that supported the NPE-G2
and 7201 platforms.

Moreover, we wanted BFD, and it seemed that only SRC (and
now, SRD too) provided support for this across all interface
types, including WAN's, i.e., Frame Relay, POS, Serial, ATM,
e.t.c.

Our decision was clear after that. SRC has quite a
comprehensive feature set, and because we can run it across
the NPE-400, NPE-G1, NPE-G2 and 7201, it made for a great
choice with us.

Cheers,

Mark.