[c-nsp] IOS for 7206VXR, SRD2a or SRC4?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 21 09:48:10 EDT 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 06:01:08 pm luismi wrote:

> Any recommendation of an IOS for a 7206VXR?
> I was using the features navigator and I saw that SRD2a
> and SRC4 are mostly the same so, what are the differences
> between both of them?

Would suggest SRC4, although SRC5 will be out end of
October. Also, SRD3 is already out, but would not recommend
it without going through this link first to make sure you
need it for this platform:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/release/notes/122SRrn.html

SRC4 contains mostly bug fixes since SRC3. No new features.

SRC has been out longer than SRD, and from the little I can
infer so far, the 7600 may stand to benefit the most from
SRD, than the 7200.

Cheers,

Mark.