[c-nsp] Split T1's on Channelized DS3 card

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Sep 21 12:42:55 EDT 2009

Todd wrote:
> I've got a few customers on T1's that are split for data and voice.  These
> T's are currently coming in on a standard T1 serial card in a 7513 chassis.
> I'm trying to move them to a channelized DS3 card.  I've got the channel
> groups split and setup as needed but the T1 never comes up.  Anyone know if
> this is this a limitation to the channelized DS3 card or should this
> configuration work as expected?

We do TDM voice (i.e. DS0s 1-12 are for POTS lines) and data (i.e. DS0s
13-24 are in a channel-group for Serial1/2/3/4:5) all day long.  We have
a DACS upstream of our 7206/7507s that splits the voice and data at the
CO, and we use Adtran CPE to handle the far end.  Nothing fancy needed
on our routers to do this.

cont T3 X/Y/Z
  t1 A chan B tim C-D
!
int SerialX/Y/Z/A:B
  description this is a T1
  ip addr 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.252
!
ip route 10.20.30.0 255.255.255.0 sX/Y/Z/A:B
!
end

pt