[c-nsp] HWIC-1ADSL-M

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 04:28:24 EDT 2009

> This is an interesting one. I've used 877-M and 1801-M with Be/O2 and
> don't have a problem on Annex M.
>
> On Friday I tried both with a Tiscali (via Griffin) service and
> couldn't get it to sync at Annex M. When they re-graded it to remove
> the Annex M it suddenly synced, but now we are seeing pretty bad QoS,
> mostly packet loss. Doesn't seem to be line (SNR) or bandwidth
> related, but there is significant error correction activity on the
> downstream link which I find strange.
>
> I have heard rumours about Cisco kit not liking the Tiscali DSLAMs but
> can't find anything to back this up.

Thanks Richard,

I've also heard rumours (http://piersdaniell.com/wordpress/?p=102) but as
it's the blog of a chap who works for the competition I'll take it with a
grain of salt!

I actually wanted to use Nildram but after about 5 goes at getting
compatibility info out of Nildram tech support I gave up.

Looks like it'll be Be as various people have confirmed that working.

Cheers for the help.

Alex

dangerous content by AxTech, and is
believed to be clean.