[c-nsp] Pile on the 6509 noob

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Mon Sep 28 12:07:58 EDT 2009

Agreed, and this is what we do as well.
If your WAN is DS3 or smaller, 3845's work well for us.  If OC3 or
bigger, 7206VXR's have worked great for us.  We're starting to dabble
in ASR 1000's for multi-OC3 sites, and they seem promising, but we
don't have enough experience with them to fully recommend yet.

Pretty much all of these options will be cheaper, more robust, and
better supported than FlexWAN, but I don't know the details of your
specific network design and situation, so I'll just agree with Scott
that a separate router has a lot of benefits to it.

-Geoff