[c-nsp] PBR in hardware on RSP720

Rinse Kloek rinse.kloek at isp.solcon.nl
Wed Sep 30 06:45:03 EDT 2009

According to Cisco's doc's (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/layer3.html
), policy routing can be done in hardware with the following restrictions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/layer3.html

"The Policy Feature Card (PFC) and any Distributed Feature Cards (DFCs)
provide hardware support for policy-based routing (PBR) for route-map
sequences that use the match ip address, set ip next-hop, and ip default
next-hop PBR keywords."

How do I have to read this rule ? Only if I use these 3 commands, the
traffic will be policy routed through the PFC ?
And what about other rules. It looks like other Policy Routing rules
don't even get processed. So the only way the get these rules matched is
disabling mls ip on the interface where the route-map is set ?

regards Rinse