[c-nsp] SXH7 funny

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Apr 8 08:24:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have seen this beauty...

Labbing SXH7 before upgrading production machines, I configured a port
from its default state on the lab box (switchport) to "test EoMPLS here",
and after the test was done, I wanted to configure the port back.

- "default interface gi5/2", then "put switchport config back in".

... and this is what I get:

Cisco-M-LAB(config)#int g5/2
Cisco-M-LAB(config-if)#swi
GigabitEthernet5/2: Port mode modified in another CLI session, ignoring [no] switchport cmd
Cisco-M-LAB(config-if)#^Z

Cisco-M-LAB#who
    Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
*  1 vty 0     gert       idle                 00:00:00 195.30.x.x

  Interface      User        Mode                     Idle     Peer Address

Cisco-M-LAB#sh run int g5/2
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 51 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet5/2
 no ip address
end

... there's exactly *me* on this router, nobody else is logged in,
but it's still refusing to cooperate...

*sigh*

I don't think I can bear opening a TAC case for this, I think I will just
go somewhere and laugh manically for a few minutes...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de