[c-nsp] SXH7 funny

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Apr 8 08:37:03 EDT 2010

On Apr 8, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if you have seen this beauty...
>
> Labbing SXH7 before upgrading production machines, I configured a port
> from its default state on the lab box (switchport) to "test EoMPLS here",
> and after the test was done, I wanted to configure the port back.
>
> - "default interface gi5/2", then "put switchport config back in".
>
> ... and this is what I get:
>
> Cisco-M-LAB(config)#int g5/2
> Cisco-M-LAB(config-if)#swi
> GigabitEthernet5/2: Port mode modified in another CLI session, ignoring [no] switchport cmd
> Cisco-M-LAB(config-if)#^Z
>
> Cisco-M-LAB#who
>    Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
> *  1 vty 0     gert       idle                 00:00:00 195.30.x.x
>
>  Interface      User        Mode                     Idle     Peer Address
>
> Cisco-M-LAB#sh run int g5/2
> Building configuration...
>
> Current configuration : 51 bytes
> !
> interface GigabitEthernet5/2
> no ip address
> end
>
> ... there's exactly *me* on this router, nobody else is logged in,
> but it's still refusing to cooperate...
>
> *sigh*
>
> I don't think I can bear opening a TAC case for this, I think I will just
> go somewhere and laugh manically for a few minutes...

So, what is likely happening is that the 'default interface' part is not done running in the background, preventing you from making this change.

I'm not saying that this is good, but that's likely why.

I certainly share your grief with TAC, we're working with someone to make the experience better and make bug-reporting less painful.

Certainly the first tac eng is going to ask you to upgrade to SXI3, then reload the box a few times, etc...

- Jared