[c-nsp] Netflow on ISR G2

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Apr 16 06:49:50 EDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Tom Lanyon wrote:

> A 3845 lists at 256Mbps and a 3945 at 502Mbps in the routing performance throughput tables, but I am interested in how much of that people are actually seeing...

Note that this is going to be highly situationally-dependent based upon many factors, including traffic types, configuration details, pps, & packet-size.

Also, throughput (i.e., pps) throughout the performance envelope is actually a more important and relevant metric than bandwidth (i.e., bps).

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken