[c-nsp] Netflow on ISR G2

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Fri Apr 16 05:38:27 EDT 2010

On 16/04/2010, at 5:12 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2010, at 1:35 PM, <Jayaprakash.KC at airtel.in> wrote:
>
>> Now is there anything else that we need to consider while considering the support for netflow and the additional CPU load that will be introduced.
>
> NDE CPU utilization should be single-digit - while any feature can put a router over the edge in terms of aggregate CPU, lab testing prior to deployment with your anticipated feature-set and configuration, using generated test traffic, should provide assurance and validation.

Obviously doing this in a lab as Roland suggests will provide better figures, but can anyone provide experience on throughput to expect using a 38xx or 39xx for basic BGP to 2-3 full table peers with the basic edge services (NetFlow, ACLs, uRPF) enabled, before its CPU hits the roof?

A 3845 lists at 256Mbps and a 3945 at 502Mbps in the routing performance throughput tables, but I am interested in how much of that people are actually seeing...

Regards,
Tom