[c-nsp] 6509 extended vlan issue

Bøvre Jon Harald Jon.Harald.Bovre at hafslund.no
Sat Apr 17 13:27:01 EDT 2010

No, its not a bug

6500/7600 uses a conecpt of internal vlans for layer-3 interfaces, vrf, vfi
By default these vlans are allocated from 1006 upwards

issue the command
show vlan internal usage
to verify if any are used.

It is possible to change this to allocate vlan 4096 and downwards using:
vlan internal allocation policy descending  (requires reboot)

Jon Harald Bøvre