[c-nsp] DMVPN scalability question on the 28XX ISR's

Erik Witkop ewitkop at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 20:54:50 EDT 2010

We are considering DMVPN for a WAN network with (92) Cisco 870 remote
routers and (2) Cisco 2851 headend routers. My concern is around the
scalability of the 92 connections to each 2851. Assuming we have AIM
modules in each 2851 router, do you think that would be sized properly.

I read through the design guide lines but still had some questions. I
would love to hear from anyone that has done something similar with this
hardware.

p.s. We don't plan to do much spoke to spoke traffic.  And the amount of
traffic is rather small.

Main doc:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/DMVPN_1.html

Scalability Chapter: