[c-nsp] 6509 extended vlan issue

David Hughes David at hughes.com.au
Sun Apr 18 18:10:51 EDT 2010

Hi

On 18/04/2010, at 3:16 AM, Gert Doering wrote:

> Ah, good point.  If you have "routed" interfaces, these will use up VLANs
> in the range starting from 1007.  Try "show vlan internal usage" to see
> what is used, and for what.

There's a bug in one of the ASICs used on some 67xx linecards that eats a block 64 vlans.  Same problem exists on Nexus.  Unfortunately, NX-OS doesn't yet have the ability to relocate that "hole" like IOS does.  Biggest issue for us is that on nx-os, you can't even list those vlans in your MST config (nx-os just removes the vlan mappins and rewrites our config).  The result for us is that the vlan mapping config on our nx-os boxes doesn't match our IOS boxes so they think they are in their own region.  Sucks badly but should be fixed when nx-os picks up CSCtc54335.

David